Rice – 3 cups
Urad Dal – 1 cup
Curd – 1 cup
Hot Water – 3 cups
Green Chillies – 6
Salt as per taste
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Soda Bicarb – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp, powdered
1. Wash the rice and dal together.
2. Spread out to dry under the sun and grind to a rawa consistency.
3. Mix the water and curd in a large bowl.
4. Add the ground rice and dal.
5. Mix well and cover with a lid.
6. Grind the green chillies, ginger, salt, asafoetida, oil and soda bicarb together.
7. Add to the rice mixture.
8. Transfer to a greased plate and sprinkle pepper on top.
9. Steam cook for 15 minutes and remove.
10. Cut into small pieces and serve with mint chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !