1 1/2 cups of green peas
1 cup of paneer cubed
2 medium onions chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp poppy seeds
salt per taste
3 tbsp oil
coriander to garnish
1. Boil the green peas and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.Put the onions , asafoetida , ginger garlic paste and fry till the onions are slightly browned.
3. Put the tomatoes, turmeric powder and fry for another 5 minutes on low flame.
4. Add red chilli powder , garam masala and saute for few minutes.
5. Add the peas with little amount of water and bring it to a boil.
6. Meanwhile grind the cashews and poppy seeds to a fine paste.
7. Now add the cashew-poppy paste .Stir gently and let the gravy thicken.
8. Finally add the paneer cubes.Cook for a minute and remove from fire.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot
Matar Paneer Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Matar Paneer from Awesome Cuisine.