1 1/2 cups of green peas
1 cup of paneer cubed
2 medium onions chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp poppy seeds
salt per taste
3 tbsp oil
coriander to garnish
1. Boil the green peas and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.Put the onions , asafoetida , ginger garlic paste and fry till the onions are slightly browned.
3. Put the tomatoes, turmeric powder and fry for another 5 minutes on low flame.
4. Add red chilli powder , garam masala and saute for few minutes.
5. Add the peas with little amount of water and bring it to a boil.
6. Meanwhile grind the cashews and poppy seeds to a fine paste.
7. Now add the cashew-poppy paste .Stir gently and let the gravy thicken.
8. Finally add the paneer cubes.Cook for a minute and remove from fire.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot
Matar Paneer Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Matar Paneer from Awesome Cuisine.