potatoes – 5
Onions – 3
Fresh curds – 1 1/2 cups
Aji-no-moto – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies – 3
Salt – as required
Red chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Oil – enough to deep fry
Bengal gram flour – 2 tbsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Cook potatoes in pressure cooker till one whistle sound. (Half cooked)
2. Peel outer skin and dice into big cubes.
3. Sprinkle little salt, baking powder and bengal gram flour to that.
4. Deep fry in hot oil till light brown. Keep aside.
5. Tie curds to a clean muslin cloth and hang it till water drains from that.
6. Remove that curd cheese from the cloth and whip it with a spoon till it becomes soft.
7. Cut onions into 1 ” long pieces.
8. Slit green chillies into two lengthwise.
9. Heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry chillies, onions along with aji-no-moto.
10. When it turns golden brown add whipped curds to that.
11. Sprinkle salt, chilli powder and garam masala powder.
12. Fry in medium flame stirring constantly till oil is separated.
13. Add fried potatoes with little water if necessary.
14. Boil for few minutes and serve hot.
Aloo 65 Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Aloo 65 from Awesome Cuisine.