Boneless Lamb – 500 gms, cut into 3 inch slices
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ghee – 300 to 400 gms
Saffron – a pinch
Curd – 1 1/2 cups
Juice of 2 Limes
Onions – 1 kg, finely sliced
1. Mix the garam masala powder, ginger, garlic, salt, red chilli powder, ghee, saffron, curd and lime juice.
2. Marinate the lamb pieces in this mixture for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Put half the onions in a pan.
4. Spread the lamb pieces on top of it and cover with the remaining onions.
5. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat with burning coals put on the lid.
6. Alternatively, bake in a oven at 275F till the meat and onions are cooked.
7. Remove and serve hot with roti.