Black Masoor Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, cubed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1, slit lengthwise
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter as required
Fresh Cream – 1/2 tblsp, for garnishing
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the dals with ginger garlic paste in a pan till one or two whistles.
2. Mash well and keep aside.
3. Heat butter in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the cumin seeds, green chillies and onions for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and stir for a minute.
6. Add the masala powders and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Now add the mashed dal and simmer for a few minutes.
9. Remove the pan from flame.
10. Add the lemon juice and transfer to a serving bowl.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
12. Serve hot.
Dal Fry Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Dal Fry from Awesome Cuisine.