1 cup basmati rice
2 1/4 cups Mula Keerai, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp oil
3 tsp coriander seeds
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
1 tsp black peppercorns
2 tsp oil or ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp chana dal
1 dried red chilli, halved
1 sprig curry leaves
3 tbsp raw peanuts
1. Cook rice and spread on a platter to cool.
2. Heat oil for spice powder in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add remaining ingredients for spice powder and fry over low heat. Toss gently, till spices are fragrant. Cool and grind to a fine powder.
3. Heat oil for tempering in the same pan over moderate heat. Add remaining ingredients for tempering in the order given. When mustard seeds splutter, add mulakeerai and saute for a minute.
4. Sprinkle in 2-3 tbsp water, cover pan partially and simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, till tender.
5. Add rice, spice powder and salt. Stir gently till well blended.
6. Remove from heat and sprinkle in lime juice. Toss gently to mix.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Keerai Sadam Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Keerai Sadam from Awesome Cuisine.