Maida – 1 cup
Moong Dal – 1/4 cup, boiled
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – half bunch, cleaned, chopped
Butter – 2 tblsp
Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Paste – 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the methi, cooked dal and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the saunf, ginger paste, green chillies and onions for 2 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and dry mango powder.
6. Stir to mix well and add the methi-dal mixture.
7. Cook for a minute and remove.
8. Add baking powder, butter and salt to maida.
9. Pour enough water and knead well to a thick dough.
10. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
11. Make small balls of the mixture and roll them into small puris.
12. Add a spoonful (or more) of the filling to the centre and fold into a triangle.
13. Seal the edges with little water and keep aside.
14. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
15. Fry the prepared samosa till light golden brown.
16. Remove and drain excess oil.
17. Serve with chutney or sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !