Raw Rice – 1/2 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Roasted Gram – 1/4 cup
Jaggery – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 1/4 cup
Sukku Podi – 1 tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 2 tblsp, crushed
1. Dry roast the bengal gram dal, moong dal and roasted gram separately.
2. Grind them to a fine powder in a flour mill.
3. Soak the rice for 30 minutes and drain well.
4. Spread it out under the shade to dry and grind to a fine powder in a flour mill.
5. Sieve the flours well.
6. Sieve the wheat flour and dry roast lightly.
7. Dissolve the jaggery in water and strain.
8. Gently boil the strained jaggery till it starts to thicken.
9. Add all the flours and stir well.
10. Remove from flame.
11. Fry the cashewnuts in ghee and add to the jaggery mixture.
12. Add sukku podi, cardamom powder and mix well.
13. Shape the mixture into round balls and keep aside to cool.
14. Store in an airtight container.
image credit: subbuskitchen.com