Top Sirloin – 350 gms, thinly sliced
Sesame Seeds – 1 1/2 tblsp, toasted
Vegetable Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Sesame Oil – 1/2 tsp
Red Onion – 1/2, finely sliced
Asparagus Spears – 1 cup, trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
Water – 1/4 cup
Hoisin Sauce – 1/8 cup
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Spinkle salt and black pepper powder over the beef slices.
2. Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil in a pan over high flame.
3. Stir-fry the onions for 45 seconds.
4. Add asparagus and stir-fry for a minute.
5. Add the beef slices and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to medium.
7. Add water and hoisin sauce.
8. Cook for a minute or two.
9. Remove when the sauce has thickened a little and the beef is nicely coated with it.
10. Serve hot with cooked rice.
image credit: food.com