Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Vendhayam (Methi/Fenugreek) – 1/4 cup
Curry Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – little
Dry Red Chillies – 1
Curd – 1 cup, whisked
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the moong dal till golden.
2. Separately dry roast the fenugreek till golden.
3. Fry the curry leaves and dry red chillies. Keep aside.
4. Combine the dal, fenugreek, curry leaves and dry red chillies.
5. Add salt and grind to a smooth powder.
6. Add 1 to 2 tblsp of the ground powder to the curd and mix well.
7. Heat a little oil and fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and asafoetida powder.
8. Pour this over the pachadi and mix well.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
image credit: homestylevegfood.com