Cauliflower – 1, medium size, washed, separated into florets, chopped
Onions – 4, finely chopped
Garlic – 8 cloves
Cashewnuts – 10
Dry Red Chillies – 8
Cinnamon – 1 one inch piece, broken
Cumin Seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 2
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Gasa Gasa – 1 tblsp
Tomatoes – 2, pureed
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Oil – 3 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Grind together onions and garlic to a coarse paste.
2. Keep aside.
3. Grind together cashewnuts, dry red chillies, salt, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, coconut and turmeric powder to a fine paste.
4. Keep aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, onion-garlic mixture, ground masala paste, tomato puree and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
7. Stir-fry the cauliflowers for 30 to 45 seconds.
8. Pour 1 cup of water and cover with a lid.
9. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring from time to time to ensure the ingredients do not stick to the sides and bottom.
10. Remove the lid when the cauliflower is cooked and a nice gravy is formed.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve as a side dish to roti, chapati or with rice.
Cauliflower Gravy Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Cauliflower Gravy Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.