Mutton Korma is a delicious Indian gravy made with mutton/lamb and cooked in an assortment of spices and masala pastes. A perfect side dish for roti, naan or pulaos.
- Mutton – 250 gms, boneless, cubed
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tblsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Khus Khus Paste (Poppy Seed Paste) – 1/4 tblsp
- Cashew Nuts – 1/3 cup, ground to a paste
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamoms – 4
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Nutmeg Powder – a small pinch
- Ghee – 2 tblsp
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh Cream to garnish
- Heat a small frying pan over medium flame.
- Add the cloves, cardamoms, nutmeg powder, cinnamon and cumin seeds
- Roast for 10 to 20 seconds and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat little oil in a frying pan.
- Add the bay leaf and chopped onions.
- Saute for a minute or until the onions start to brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Add the mutton pieces and stir well.
- Add the ground masala powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Pour some water and stir.
- Add salt and bring to a boil until the mutton pieces are tender.
- Add the khus khus paste, cashew nut paste and coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish with cream and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !