The Peppered Thai Chicken Salad is a unique and flavorful dish that is full of vegetables and protein. The salad includes a variety of textures, colors, and flavors that will make your mouth water.
This dish is perfect for parties or for lunch on the go. You can serve it as an appetizer or as a main course. The perfect Thai salad for those days when you want to get your greens, but don’t want to feel like you’re eating a salad.
Peppered Thai Chicken Salad
- 4 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Black Pepper crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1/2 Cucumber finely sliced
- 100 g Bean Sprouts
- 1 Small White Radish shredded
- 3/4 cup Under-ripe Pear
- 1 Onion large, finely sliced
- 1/2 Red Capsicum de-seeded, sliced
- 10 Basil Leaves large, shredded
- Marinate the chicken in a bowl with 1/2 the oil, 1/2 the fish sauce and black pepper for 1 hour.
- Combine the remaining oil and fish sauce with the sugar, vinegar and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the cucumber, sprouts, radish, pear, onion and capsicum.
- Toss until evenly coated with the dressing.
- Place the chicken on a very hot grill, turning frequently.
- Grill until the surface is crisp and cooked through, approximately for about 8 minutes.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes and cut into thick slices.
- Sprinkle basil leaves on top.
- Arrange onto individual plates and keep the chicken slices on top.