- Preheat oven to 220C or grill to hot.
- Place the unpeeled eggplant in the oven or under the grill.
- Cook, turning often, until the skin is burned black and the eggplant is soft.
- Transfer to a glass bowl, cover with cling wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
- When cool, peel the eggplant, cut the flesh into chunks, then drain in a colander.
- In a salad bowl, mix the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- Add the cucumber, spring onions, red chilli, capsicum and coriander.
- Mix well.
- Add the eggplant and toss.
- Garnish the salad with nuts and reserved spring onions greens.