- Tomatoes – 2, ripe
- Red Onions – 1, small
- Lentils – 400 gms, drained
- Tuna – 200 gms, drained
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
For the Dressing:
- Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Wholegrain Mustard – 1 tsp
- Garlic Clove – 1, crushed
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp, ground
- Coriander – 1/2 tsp, ground
- Deseed the tomatoes and then chop them into fine dice.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, cumin and ground coriander in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside until required.
- Mix together the chopped onion, diced tomatoes and drained lentils in a large bowl.
- Flake the tuna with a fork and stir it into the onion, tomato and lentil mixture.
- Stir in the chopped fresh coriander and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the lentil and tuna salad.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !