Mutton Liver – 250 gms, chopped
Onions – 1 cup, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 1, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Green Chillies – 2 to 3
Black Peppercorns – 4 to 5
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Malt Vinegar – 50 mml
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add some water to the pan.
3. Put the liver in along with ginger garlic paste and cinnamon stick.
4. Boil for 6 to 9 minutes.
5. Remove liver pieces, wash and keep aside.
6. Reserve the stock.
7. In a small bowl, mix the green chillies, peppercorns, cumin, vinegar, sugar and salt.
8. Apply this on the liver pieces and keep aside to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Heat ghee in a pan.
10. Saute the onions till golden brown.
11. Add salt, marinated liver pieces with the marinade.
12. Pour the reserved stock and bring to a boil.
13. Add the tomatoes and cook all water has dried up.
14. Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
15. Serve hot with rice or chapati.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Image credit: vahrehvah