Flour – 2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Pastry Margarine – 125 gms
Butter – 45 gms
Tomato – 1, for garnish
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Rub in the margarine till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the butter along with cold water as required to make the dough soft.
4. Cover with a dry cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured board to about 1 cm thick.
6. Divide into 3 equal parts and fold the 1st part over to the centre.
7. Now fold over the centre to the 3rd part.
8. It is now in 3 layers.
9. Repeat the rolling and folding process 2 more times.
10. Divide the pastry into 2 for easier handling.
11. Roll out into circles and put into an ungreased pastry tins.
12. Bake in a hot oven for about 20 minutes.
13. When done, remove from tins and cool on a wire rack.
14. To make the filling, cut the chicken into small pieces.
15. Mix the chicken, cucumber and mayonnaise in a bowl and mix well.
16. Add salt and pepper.
17. Fill the pastry with the chicken stuffing.
18. Garnish with thin tomato strips.