Besan Gram Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1 1/2 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
Vegetables (choose any one or all)
Raw Green Plantain – 1, peeled and sliced into long thin slices
Potato – 1, peeled and sliced into circles
Onion – 1, peeled and sliced into circles
Cauliflower Florets – 1 1/2 cups, small florets
1. Combine the besan flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, jeera, asafoetida powder, ghee and salt in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle in 1/2 cup of water (or more) and mix to make a smooth, thick batter of pouring consistency.
3. Wash the vegetables and pat dry.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
5. Lower heat to moderate and dip the vegetables slices in the batter.
6. Gently slide into the hot oil.
7. Fry the bajji’s in batches, turning frequently, till golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot with chutney of choice.