Fish – 500 gms
Black Mushrooms – 6, dried and soaked in hot water
Onion – 1, shredded
Sherry – 1 tblsp
Ginger – 3 inch piece, shredded
Fresh Red Chilli – 1, shredded
Fish Stock – 4 cups
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
1. Clean the fish and cut in halves, lengthwise.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the fish gently, turning over once.
3. Arrange on a serving plate with the fleshy side up.
4. Top with half the shredded ginger and onion.
5. Sprinkle sherry on the fish and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
6. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
7. Drain the mushrooms, cut off the stems and shred them.
8. Heat the stock and add the sesame oil.
9. When it begins to boil, pour on the fish and leave for 15 minutes.
10. Stir-fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
11. Add the rest of the ginger and chillies.
12. Stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
13. Drain the liquid from the fish into the bowl in which the sauce has been mixed.
14. Sprinle the mushrooms, ginger and chillies on fish.
15. Pour the sauce in a pan and simmer.
16. When thick, pour it over the fish.
17. Garnish with coriander leaves.