Tofu – 500 gms, diced
Oil for frying
Mushrooms – 300 gms, cut into halves
Panaeng Curry Paste – 1 cup
Capsicums – 125 gms, diced
Onions – 125 gms, diced
Coconut Milk – 2 cups
Lemon Leaves – 6
Basil Leaves – 10 to 12
Fish Sauce as per taste
Salt as per taste
Red Chillies – 4
Green Chillies – 4
1. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the tofu till golden brown.
2. Drain the excess oil and keep aside.
3. Blanch the mushrooms and keep aside.
4. In a pan, heat the Panaeng curry paste.
5. Add the fried tofu, mushrooms, capsicum and onions.
6. Saute for a minute.
7. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
8. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, if required add the vegetable stock.
9. Serve hot, accompanied by steamed rice.