Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups (carrots, beans, cauliflower, mango etc.), chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Lemon Juice – 1/2 cup
Ginger Extract – 4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 2 tsp
1. Fry the fenugreek seeds and asafoetida powder and grind.
2. Add all the vegetables into a bowl.
3. Add lemon juice, red chilli powder and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Add the ground fenugreek powder.
6. To make the ginger extract, add some grated ginger to a pan.
7. Add 2 to 3 cups of water and let it boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove, drain and reserve the liquid.
9. Add this ginger extract to the mixed vegetables.
10. Heat a frying pan over moderate heat.
11. Add oil and fry mustard seeds till they splutter
12. Add this to the mixed pickle.
13. Give it a stir and mix well.
14. Garnish with finely chopped green chillies, if needed.
15. Serve with curd rice.