Small Brinjals – 1/4 kg
Orangees – 2, whole segments
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Make slits in the brinjals and leave these whole.
2. Wash well, pat dry and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
4. Fry the brinjals on medium heat for 2 minutes and then lower the heat.
5. Cover with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Mix in the spices and stir gently and cover and cook again for 1 minute.
7. Add the orange juice and cook on medium heat without the lid for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Allow the juice to be absorbed by the brinjals.
9. Add the orange segments and cook for 20 to 30 seconds.
10. Serve with steamed rice.
Orange Flavoured Brinjals Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Orange Flavoured Brinjals Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.