Sweet Corn – 1 cup, boiled
Bread Slices – 12
Potato – 2, boiled and mashed
Green Chillies – 2
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup
Onions – 2
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Oil – 4 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Preheat oven to 180ÂºC.
2. Coarsely crush boiled sweetcorn in a blender.
3. Transfer into a bowl.
4. Add potato, green chillies, ginger paste, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a pan and saute onion till light brown.
6. Add this to the corn mixture.
7. Mix well, divide into twelve equal parts and shape them into oval rolls and set aside.
8. Remove the crusty sides of bread slices and soak them in water for ten seconds.
9. Squeeze out excess water by gently pressing between your palms.
10. Place the potato corn roll on one end of a slice and roll the rest over to cover the stuffing firmly.
11. Make the rest of the rolls in the same way.
12. Place all the rolls on a baking tray.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes or till the rolls turn light brown in colour.
14. You can also deep-fry the rolls.
15. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Baked Corn Roll