Mutton Chops – 1 kg
Ginger Garlic Paste – 4 tsp
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Oil for basting
For the Spice Paste:
Oil – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1, large and sliced
Whole Dried Red Chillies – 8
Cashewnuts – 10
Coriander Leaves – 1 1/2 cups
1. Heat oil in a pan on moderate heat.
2. Fry the sliced onions till light brown.
3. Add the red chillies and cashewnuts.
4. When the cashewnuts turn light brown, remove the ingredients from the oil and grind with the coriander leaves to a fine paste.
5. Combine the spice paste with the ginger garlic paste, lime juice and salt to make a marinade.
6. Apply the marinade on the mutton chops.
7. Marinate for 6 to 8 hours in the fridge.
8. Return the chops to room temperature before cooking.
9. Barbeque the chops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, basting frequently with oil.
10. Serve hot with lime wedges and onion rings.