Mint Leaves – 1 large bunch
Green Chillies – 3, chopped finely
Whole Wheat Flour – 4 1/2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Oil for frying
1. Wash the mint leaves and chop finely.
2. Sift the flour with the salt into a large plate.
3. Add ginger, cumin seeds and turmeric. Mix well.
4. Add water, little at a time, and knead to form a soft dough.
5. Cover the dough and set aside to rest.
6. Divide the dough into 12 balls and make each into a smooth, round ball.
7. Sprinkle some flour on a rolling board and roll it into a 5 inch round roti.
8. Smear 1/2 tsp of oil evenly over the roti.
9. Heat a tawa over moderate heat and place a roti on it.
10. When small bubbles appear on the surface, turn it over and cook the other side.
11. Turn it once more and press down so that the heat is distributed evenly and the base gets cooked.
12. Cook each roti in the same same way.
13. Serve hot with side dish of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !