Chicken Legs – 4, deboned, flattened
Mushrooms – 6 to 8, soaked for 15 minutes, thinly sliced
Egg – 1, beaten
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, fresh, finely chopped
Chicken Stock – 1 1/4 cups
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
Cornflour – 1 tsp, combined with a little water
1. Brush the inside of the chicken legs with egg.
2. Keep aside and mix half the ginger with the mushrooms and divide the whole mixture into 4 equal portions.
3. Stuff each portion inside the 4 legs and secure with a thin string.
4. Steam the stuffed chicken for 25 minutes or till cooked.
5. Keep aside.
6. In a large saucepan, add the chicken stock and let it boil till it is reduced to half.
7. Add the remaining ginger, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the cornflour paste to the sauce and heat, stirring continuously, until thickened.
9. Serve the stuffed chicken, sliced into rounds, topped with the sauce.