Boneless Chicken Leg – 850 gms
Hung Curd – 200 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblsp
Brown Onion Paste – 1 tblsp
Shahi Jeera – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 4 tblsp, roasted
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Black Salt – 1 tsp
Refined Oil – 80 ml
Salt to taste
Melted Butter for basting
1. Clean, wash and cut each chicken leg into 4 pieces.
2. Pat dry and keep aside.
3. In a bowl whisk the curd.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, brown onion paste, shahi jeera, cumin powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, black salt, refined oil and salt.
5. Put the chicken pieces in this mixture and rub well.
6. Keep aside for 3 hours.
7. Take a skewer and skew the marinated chicken pieces.
8. Roast in a moderately hot tandoor or over a charcoal grill for 6 to 7 minutes.
9. Remove and hang the skewer to let excess moisture drain out completely for about 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Baste with melted butter and roast for another 3 to 4 minutes.
11. Serve hot with salad and chutney.