Peach – 4, large, ripe and skinned about 750 gms
Icing Sugar – 50 gms
Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
White Wine – 2 tblsp
Gelatine – 2 tsp
Egg Yolks – 4
Double Cream – 300 ml
Waffle Cones dipped in melted chocolate
1. Puree the peach flesh with the sugar in a blender.
2. Mix together the lemon juice and wine in a small bowl and sprinkle on the gelatine.
3. Transfer the peach puree to a large heatproof bowl.
4. Beat in the egg yolks.
5. Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until it thickens.
6. Put the bowl of gelatine mixture into a shallow pan of hot water and leave until it dissolves.
7. Stir the gelatine into the peach mixture and leave to cool.
8. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then fold it into the peach mixture.
9. Transfer it to a freezer container, cover and freeze until firm, beating twice at hourly intervals.
10. Serve with waffle cones dipped in melted plain chocolate and crushed pistachio nuts.