Blackberries – 500 gms
Caster Sugar – 2 tblsp
Water – 125 ml
Sugar – 50 gms, granulated
Egg Yolks – 3
Cream – 450 ml
Icing Sugar – 2 tblsp, sifted
Rosewater – 2 tblsp
1. Put the blackberries into a pan with the caster sugar, stir well and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Rub through a sieve and leave to cool.
3. Put the water and sugar into a pan and heat gently.
4. Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Increase the heat and boil steadily until the syrup reaches a temperature of 225F.
6. Leave the syrup to cool.
7. Put the egg yolks in a bowl and pour the syrup over.
8. Whisk until the mixture is thick and mousse-like.
9. Mix the cream with the fruit puree, icing sugar and rosewater and fold into the mousse.
10. Turn into a freezer container. Cover and freeze.
11. Transfer to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving to soften.
12. Scoop into glass bowls and serve.