Rice – 3/4 cup
Urad Dal – 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
For the Filling:
Oil – 50 ml
Onion – 1, large and finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, large and finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Coriander – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
1. Prepare the batter by grinding together rice, urad dal, little water and salt.
2. Keep aside.
3. Heat a little oil in a pan.
4. Add the onion, tomatoes, green chillies, cumin seeds, green coriander and salt to taste.
5. Mix thoroughly and cook for a few minutes.
6. Keep the filling aside.
7. Heat a non stick pan.
8. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it evenly.
9. Cook over a medium heat.
10. Spread the filling on the batter, sprinkle a little oil around the sides and cook until it is brown on the underside.
11. Turn and cook the other side as well.
12. Serve hot with coconut and tomato chutney.