For the Filling:
Paneer – 150 gms, mashed
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Cumin powder – 1tsp
Yellow Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashew Nuts – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Salt to taste
For the Coating:
cream – 2 tbsp
Cheese – 1 tbsp, grated
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Butter for basting
1. Clean the chicken drumsticks.
2. Make an incision along the lower half of the drumsticks, taking care not to cut through the other side.
3. Carefully open the flap for the filling.
4. Mix white pepper, salt, ginger and garlic pastes.
5. Rub evenly over the drumsticks.
6. Marinate for 30 minutes.
7. For the filling, mix paneer, green chillies, green coriander, cumin powder, yellow chilli powder, cashew nuts and salt together.
8. Put some filling into the flap of the marinated drumstick.
9. Secure with a toothpick.
10. Similarly, prepare the other drumsticks and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
11. For the coating, whisk the cream, cheese and cornflour into a smooth paste.
12. Coat each drumstick evenly with this paste.
13. Preheat oven/tandoor/grill to 180C/350F.
14. Skewer the drumsticks and roast for 8-10 minutes, basting occasionally with butter.
15. Remove skewers and hang for 3-4 minutes to let the excess marinade drip off.
16. Roast again for 3 to 4 minutes till golden.
17. Serve hot, with mint chutney and salad.