Cabbage – 1 cup, chopped
Potatoes – 1/2 cup, boiled and mashed
Onion – 1 large, minced
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp
Sugar – a pinch
Salt to taste
For Sealing Rolls (Mix Together)
Flour – 2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Water – 1 tblsp
Oil for frying rolls
Flour – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sour Curds – 4 tblsp
Salt to taste
Water – 2 cups
1. Heat 2 tblsp oil in a kadai, fry minced onions to light pink.
2. Add cabbage, stir fry, sprinkle some water, cover and cook till tender.
3. Add mashed potatoes and seasonings, mix thoroughly, remove from fire, set aside to cool.
4. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder, add curds, beat batter smooth.
5. Add enough water to form a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
6. Keep aside for 1/2 hour.
7. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, pour a ladleful of batter. If thick, add some water.
8. Turn pan around quickly so that the batter spreads.
9. Cover and cook on one side, flip over and cook the other side too.
10. Transfer roll onto a board, put some filling in the center, fold 1/3 roll over filling, then the other 1/3 over first.
11. Seal edge with flour paste.
12. Make all pan rolls thus.
13. When about to serve, shallow fry rolls, putting in the sealed edge on the pan, pour some oil, fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
14. Gently turn rolls over, fry the other side.
15. Cut each roll into 2 to 3 pieces.
16. Serve hot with chilli or tomato sauce.