Chicken – 1 tender, medium 1 1/4kg, skinned and cut into 8 pieces
Worcestershire Sauce – 1 tblsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Olive or Salad Oil – 1 tblsp
Flour – 1 tsp
Dried Breadcrumbs – 1/4 cup
Eggs – 2
Vegetable Oil for frying
Grind to a Paste:
Garlic – 6 cloves
Fresh Ginger Root – 2 cm piece
Fresh Coriander – 4 tblsp, roughly chopped
Green Chillies – 2 to 4
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Small Onion – 1, cut into 2 pieces
1. Remove sections of bone from the chicken breasts.
2. With a sharp knife and with quick strong strokes cut into the flesh of each piece of chicken. The flesh should be slighlty broken up but not cut right through.
3. Mix worcestershire sauce, salad oil, salt and flour into masala paste.
4. Coat each piece of chicken with the masala paste and allow chicken to marinate 8 to 10 hours. If chicken is not very tender boil it before applying masala powder.
5. Pour oil in a deep frying pan and heat to medium heat.
6. While oil is heating, separate the eggs. Beat egg whites till frothy, then blend in egg yolks.
7. Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, dip in beaten eggs and fry on medium heat. Turn when one side is cooked and continue cooking till chicken is tender.
8. Serve with boiled potatoes and carrots cut into small squares and mixed with boiled peas.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !