1 to 1 1/2 cups Wheat Flour
250 gms Peas
100 gms Tomatoes, grated
1 tsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Garlic, grated
pinch of Baking Soda
2 Bay leaves
1 glass Sour Buttermilk
1 tblsp Dhania-Jeera powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
handful of Coriander leaves
4 Green Chillies, slit
2 Onions, medium
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Mix together flour and salt.
2. Rub in 1 tblsp ghee and add enough water to form a stiff dough.
3. Wash the dough in a bowl of water till the dough turns milky white.
4. Remove the dough from water and mix in baking soda and flatten the dough to a thin round cake.
5. Steam it till it turns spongy.
6. Cut into small pieces and fry to a golden colour.
7. Grind ginger, garlic onions to a paste.
8. Heat 2 tblsp of oil and fry the paste along with the bay leaves till the oil comes out.
9. Add all the spices, salt, tomatoes and peas.
10. When the tomatoes turn soft, add buttermilk, chillies and the fried ingredients in step 8.
11. Cook over a slow fire for 5 minutes.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !