1 Chicken, medium and disjointed
250 gms Peas
125 gms Onions, finely sliced
8 Garlic flakes
2 inch piece of Ginger
8 Green Chillies
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tblsp Dhania-Jeera powder
1/8 tsp Nutmeg, grated
1/8 tsp Mace, grated
handful of Coriander leaves
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
250 gms Curd, beaten
3 cups thin Coconut milk
1 cup thick Coconut milk
25 gms Cashewnuts
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Grind ginger, garlic and chillies to a paste.
2. Mix the paste into curd along with all the spices, salt and chicken and set aside for 1 hour.
3. Heat 6 tblsp of oil and fry onions to a red colour.
4. Add chicken and fry it to a red colour.
5. Add cashewnuts and pour in the thin coconut milk.
6. Cook over a slot fire till the chicken turns almost tender.
7. Add peas and the thick coconut milk.
8. Simmer over a slow fire till the chicken turns soft.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.