1 large Onion
4 flakes of Garlic
2 big Tomatoes, pureed
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tblsp Dhania-Jeera powder
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
250 gms Besan or Gram flour
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 1/2 tblsp Melted Ghee
1 tsp crushed Pomegranite seeds
100 gms grated Onions
Dry plums, seeded
1. Mix together all the kofta ingredients except plums without adding water.
2. Turn the ingredients paste into balls around the whole plums.
3. Deep fry the balls to a golden colour.
4. Grind onion and garlic to a paste.
5. Heat 2 tblsp of ghee and fry the ground paste to a golden colour.
6. Add to the paste all the spices and tomatoes and cook till the ghee separates.
7. Then add 2 cups of water, bring slowly to a boil and keep boiling gently for 5 minutes.
8. Then add koftas and boil for 5 more minutes.
9. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.