Leg of lamb – 1, boned
Tomatoes – 4, diced
Tomatoe paste – 1/2 cup
Champignon mushrooms – 1 small can
Parnsnips – 2 small, chopped
Garlic – 10 cloves, minced
Rosemary – 1 tsp
Olive oil as required
Sugar – 4 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, put in all the ingredients except rosemary and mix them well.
2. Take the leg of lamb and stuff in the mixture into the space where the bone was and secure with skewers or toothpicks.
3. Brush the lamb with olive oil and sprinkle over some rosemary.
4. Pre-heat the grill and place the lamb on direct heat for some time.
5. Remove the meat from direct heat as a nice brown crust is formed.
6. Place it on indirect heat for about 30 minutes per pound or until the meat is tender and juices from the thickest part of the leg run clear.
7. Remove from heat, cut into thin slices.
8. Serve with a salad of choice.