Split masoor dal – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Green chillies – 2, chopped
Garlic flakes – 2, chopped
Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, chopped
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Water as required
Salt as per taste
1. Cook the dal with the turmeric powder and sufficient water in a pressure cooker.
2. Cook till the dal is cooked.
3. Remove from the flame.
4. Mash the dal with a wooden spoon. Keep aside in a pan.
5. Heat the ghee in a pan.
6. Add the garlic, salt, green chillies and the cumin seeds.
7. Fry for a minute over a low flame and pour over the dal.
8. Return the dal to a low flame.
9. Add a little water if required (the dal should have the consistency of sambar) and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame.
10. Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.