Green tea leaves – 6 tsp
Green cardamom seeds – 15
Ground cardamom – 1/2 tsp
Soda bi-carbonate – 1/2 tsp
Full cream milk – 1/2 litre
Fresh cream (malai)
Pistachio – 6 tsp, ground
Water – 6 cup
1. Take water in a heavy based large pan. Add tea leaves, salt, seeds of green cardamom and bocarbonate of soda.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer briskly until it reduces to 1/3 its quantity.
3. While it is still boiling pour in it about 2-3 cups of cold water or enough water to make four cups in all. Bring to boil and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and keep aside.
4. Boil the milk with ground cardamom over low heat. Pour prepared tea water and the milk. Bring to a boil, add salt and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes over low heat.
5. Remove from heat and pour into 6 cups. Pour 1 tbsp of cream or malai over each cup. Sprinkle 1 tsp of pistachio on the top.