A popular North Indian dish, especially in Delhi, this Vegetarian Goli Pulao is simple and easy to make. Ideal when you have guests on a short notice.
Raw Rice – 2 cups
Gram Flour – 2 cups
Curd – 1 cup
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tblsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Saunf – 2 tsp
Omam (Ajwain) – 2 tsp
Mint Leaves – few, to garnish
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Ghee as required
1. Mix the gram flour, salt and ajwain in a bowl.
2. Mix well and make small balls.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the prepared balls until golden brown.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. Pressure cook the basmati and keep aside.
7. Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a pan.
8. Fry the saunf for 10 seconds.
9. Add garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and fry for 10 seconds.
10. Switch off the flame.
11. Add the cooked rice, salt and prepared “golis”.
12. Mix well ensuring the golis do not break.
13. Garnish with mint leaves.