Keema Naan is a dish that’s popular in India and Pakistan. It is made with minced lamb, onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves and garam masala.
The dish has a lot of spices which are used to enhance the flavor of the meat. The meat is also cooked for a long time to make it tender and flavorful. This dish can be eaten with any type of naan or rice.
Keema Naan Recipe
Ingredients for Keema Naan
For the Dough:
- 500 g Maida (Plain Flour)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Warm Milk
- 1 cup Curd beaten till smooth
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Ghee
For the Filling:
- 250 g Minced Lamb
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Ginger minced
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup Egg beaten
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Kalonji (Onion Seeds)
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
How to make Keema Naan
- Mix all the dough ingredients and knead to a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat oil for filling in a non-stick pan.
- Lightly fry the garlic and ginger.
- Add the minced lamb and fry till pale gold, stirring all the time.
- Add the powdered spices and salt.
- Fry for a few seconds.
- Add tomato puree and continue frying till oil starts to bubble on top.
- Remove from heat and add onions, coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Allow it to cool.
- Divide the dough into 6 portions.
- Flatten one portion into a 3 inch round disc.
- Place a portion of filling in the center.
- Fold over dough to cover filling and seal the edges.
- Shape into a flat round and roll out on a floured surface into a circle.
- Make the remaining naan in the same way.
- Lightly beat the egg and milk for topping.
- Brush each naan with this mixture.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds and onion seeds on top.
- Grill the naans at 220C for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over and grill for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with side dish of choice.