Dates Payasam (or Khajur Kheer) is a delicious, healthy and one of the easiest kheer to make.
Dates – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Cashewnuts – 12
Raisins – 6
Cardamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
1. Finely chop the dates.
2. To a pan, add milk and let it boil over slow flame.
3. Heat ghee in a separate pan. Add the chopped dates and saute for a minute. Remove and keep it aside.
4. To the same pan, add the cashewnuts and raisins. Stir-fry till golden brown.
5. Add enough water to the dates and cook until fully mashed.
6. Add the boiled milk and simmer until thick.
7. Add the cardamon powder and roasted dry fruits to this.
8. Allow it to boil for another 5 to 10 minutes over slow flame until the kheer becomes thick.
9. Remove and serve at room temperature or chilled.