Popular Indian snack made with a paneer filling. Serve as a snack or as an appetizer.
Paneer – 250 gms, finely chopped
Maida – 2 cups
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Butter – 50 gms, melted
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine the maida, butter and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix well to a puri dough consistency.
3. Heat a little oil in a pan.
4. Fry the cumin seeds for 30 seconds.
5. Add the onions, green chillies and saute for a minute or two.
6. Add red chilli powder, lemon juice, salt and paneer.
7. Mix well and stir-fry for a minute.
8. Remove from flame.
9. Make small balls of the dough and roll them in small/medium puris.
10. Shape the prepared puris into cones and add 1 or 2 tblsp of the paneer mixture.
11. Fold and seal the edges with little water.
12. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
13. Fry the prepared samosas until golden.
14. Remove and drain excess oil.
15. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.