A delicious and easy to make weekday lunchtime meal or even a dinnertime dish.
Chicken Fillets – 4, chopped, boneless, skinless
Onion – 1/4 cup, sliced
Tomatoes – 2, sliced/chopped
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
Ginger – 1 tblsp, peeled, chopped
Plain Yogurt – 125 gms
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Curry Powder – 1/2 tsp
Plain Rotis as required (leftovers or fresh)
Salt as per taste
1. Coarsely grind the garlic, ginger and green chillies.
2. Combine this with the yogurt and small handful of coriander leaves.
3. Grind again until well mixed.
4. Sprinkle some salt and mix well.
5. Add the curry powder and mix well. Reserve some of this mixture.
6. Add the chopped chicken pieces and mix well until evenly coated.
7. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
9. Cook the chicken until slightly browned and cooked through, turning from time to time.
10. Alternatively you can place it in a baking tray lined with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 170C.
11. To the reserved yogurt mixture add the onions, tomatoes and some coriander leaves.
12. Mix well.
13. Warm the chapatis and place them on a flat surface.
14. Divide the chicken and the salad between the chapatis.
15. Roll them up tightly and serve at once.
16. Cut them in halves if desired.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !