Cauliflower – 1 large
Spinach – 3 bunches
Green chillies – 5
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dhania powder – 1 tsp
Tomatoes – 2
Big onions – 2
Garlic – 7 flakes
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Grated fresh coconut – 2 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 10
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp (soaked in hot water)
Coriander leaves – 1 small bunch
Curry leaves – 15
Oil – for frying
Milk – 1/2 cup
Fresh cream – 2 tblsp
Grated cheese – 1 tblsp
1. Wash cauliflower and cut into small flowerets.
2. Heat water in a broad vessel. When it starts boiling, add cauliflower pieces (gobi) with little salt and turmeric powder.
3. Switch off the stove and close with lid.
4. After few minutes, drain the water completely, dry up over a towel and deep fry cauliflower till crisp and golden. Keep aside.
1. Peel garlic, dice tomatoes and cut onions finely.
2. Wash and chop palak finely.
3. Heat little oil, fry slit green chillies and palak in medium flame.
4. When moisture is evaporated completely, remove from fire. Allow to cool and grind it along with grated coconut, cashew, poppy seeds, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
5. Heat rest of the oil in a broad kadai. Add cumin seeds, garlic and then onion.
6. Fry till golden. Add 1 tsp sugar, tomatoes, dhania powder, garam masala powder and chilli powder.
7. Stir for a minute and pour the ground paste and salt. Add water if necessary.
8. Boil for a few minutes, add milk and mix well.
9. Just before removing from fire, mix deep fried cauliflower. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Serve with finely cut onions and lemon pieces.