Pad See Ew (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles in Soy Sauce) is a very popular Thai street food. It is easy to make and is delicious.
Made with flat rice noodles and chicken with soy sauce, it is a sweet and savoury dish popular in all Thai restaurants across the globe.
Perfect for any occation, these noodles are typically served during lunch or dinner.
For a vegetarian version, you can replace the chicken with tofu or paneer, fish sauce with lemon juice and oyster sauce with dark soy sauce.
Pad See Ew (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles) Recipe
Ingredients for Pad See Ew (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles)
- 100 g Flat Rice Noodles
- 1/4 cup Chicken Breast skinless, chopped
- 1/2 cup Broccoli / Cabbage chopped
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 3 tsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tblsp Fish Sauce (or) Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tblsp Oyster Sauce (or) Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tblsp Sugar
How to make Pad See Ew (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles)
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
- Drain and rinse until cold running water.
- Drain again and keep aside.
- Mix the sweet soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Stir-fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes or until it starts to change color.
- Add the noodles, broccoli and the sauce.
- Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve at once.