A variation to the usual kababs (kebabs), this one is a mix of paneer cubes and vegetable kababs grilled together. Serve with chutney or sauce. Best suited for teatime or as an evening snack.
Paneer – 1/4 cup, cut into small cubes
Tomato – 1, small, chopped into small cubes
Capsicum – 1, chopped into small cubes
Onion – 1, chopped into small cubes
Potatoes – 1 cup, boiled, mashed
Mixed Vegetables – 1/2 cup, boiled, mashed (carrot, beans, peas)
Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Bread Slices – 2 to 3, cut into small pieces
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Mint Leaves – handful, chopped
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
Chaat Masala Powder – little
Wooden Skewers – 4 to 5, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1. Combine the potatoes, mixed vegetables, gram flour, bread slices, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mint leaves in a large bowl.
2. Mix well and shape them into small/medium size kababs.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Roll the kababs in the breadcrumbs and deep fry until light golden brown.
5. Remove and drain excess oil.
6. Skewer the kabab, paneer, onion, capsicum and tomatoes.
7. Place them in a grill pan over medium flame.
8. Grill for 4 to 8 minutes or until light brown.
9. Remove and sprinkle some chaat masala powder on top.
10. Serve with sauce or chutney.