1/2 kg mutton
3 cloves garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
4 red chillies
a small piece of cinnamon
salt to taste
chopped coriander leaves
oil for frying
1. Chop mutton into small pieces and keep aside. Grind the ginger and garlic into a smooth paste.
2. Roast onions over the flame.
3. Roast sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chillies, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns.
4. Grind roasted ingredients to form a smooth paste.
5. Cook the mutton with some water till it is almost done.
6. Blanche and mash the tomatoes into a puree.
7. Heat the cooking medium in a pan, add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a few minutes.
8. Add the cooked meat with the ground masala and fry until all the moisture dries and the colour changes to a reddish brown.
9. Add tomato puree and salt and continue to simmer on a low flame for about five minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and a dash of fresh cream.