Pickled green chillies are a popular condiment across China, Malaysia and Singapore typically served alongside noodles or rice items.
Green Chillies – 200 gms
Chinese Rice Vinegar – 500 ml
Water – 500 ml
Salt – 2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
1. Cut the green chillies into small rounds and discard the stem.
2. Rinse under cold running water and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Heat water in a pan over medium flame and bring to a boil.
4. Pour this over the green chillies and keep aside for 20 to 30 seconds.
5. Drain well.
6. Transfer the green chillies to a clean, sterilized container (with lid).
7. Add the vinegar, salt and sugar.
8. Toss/shake well to mix evenly. Ensure the sugar and salt has dissolved fully.
9. Cover with a lid and keep it in the fridge for 24 hours.
10. Use as required.