These bite-sized Mexican style Tacos with shrimps are a perfect starter/appetizer for any parties, occasions or ideal for a summer time brunch or dinner.
Shrimps – 250 gms
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Onion – 1, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, cchopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Flour Tortillas (or Leftover Chapatis) – as required
Lettuce Leaves – handful
Cheddar Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Sour Cream as required
Lemon Wedges to serve
For the Homemade Taco Seasoning:
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
Onion Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
Paprika – 1/2 tsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Cabbage – handful, sliced, to garnish
Avocados – 1/2 cup, chopped
Sweet Corn – 1/4 cup, boiled, drained
1. Combine all the homemade taco seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tsp of the seasoning all over the shrimps and toss well.
3. Keep aside.
4. Mix the tomatoes, onions and coriander leaves in a bowl.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
6. Toss well and keep aside.
7. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
8. Add the shrimps and saute for a minute or two.
9. Remove from flame.
10. Place the lettuce leaves on the tortillas.
11. Top up with the shrimps, tomato salsa and sprinkle some cheese on top.
12. Drizzle some sour cream on top.
13. Fold the tortillas into halves.
13. Serve with lemon wedges.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !